Well, my one friend had a "How To" blog...but she stopped blogging, so I guess that means I can use that title? Mine won't be as funny- but maybe it will inspire a Christmas shindig at your home!
Now, I used the word shindig because I thought that meant small...but apparently it means a large and elaborate celebration. Whatever the size may be, any Christmas gathering is a good one! (And I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but my house is already decorated--don't be a hater!)
I love the Holidays because I feel like it's a good time to reflect on what's really important in life. Thanksgiving and Christmas is a time where you take some time off work (oops- sorry retail workers) and spend time with the people who matter most to you: your family. It's also a time to look around at everything you've been blessed with and what you're thankful for, and hopefully reflect on the needs of others around you. Oh, and you also eat a lot of fattening things.
So, here are some things I did for my Christmas Shindig.
1. Make lots of cookies. Eat most of the dough...and then bake the leftovers.
2. Pick a Christmas charity to shop for! My friends and I chose to support Next Door, a drug rehabilitation center for girls. We made Christmas bags for their Christmas party! If you can't think of a charity in your area, try donating to Operation Christmas Child.
3. Go shopping!!!!
4. Come back and assemble your gift.
5. While assembling, eat lots of cookies, sip lots of cider, and listen to lots of Christmas Michael Buble.
6. Make some Christmas memories!!
Sometimes I think I'm crazy. But sometimes, I think I know exactly what I'm doing.